Our passion is..
- To provide the love of Jesus to our community by being his hands and feet and touching the lives of people.
- To be a blessing to the wider community in Kingborough and beyond, by meeting the practical needs of anyone doing life tough.To provide a food and household essentials distribution program to the Kingborough community and having access to stock that enables us to offer this program on a regular weekly basis.Provide frozen meals to meet immediate need outside of our weekly distribution day.
- To facilitate blessing days for our community where they can come to a fair like atmosphere have fun and find other items of need.
- To provide practical garden, minor home maintenance and makeovers for the needy – be they a household, community group or an organization.
- To build a ministry team from within KLC and beyond that harnesses the varied skills and equips them to serve our community.
- To build relationships with all existing community providers, working with them to grow our community.
- To identify other needs in our community that we are able to meet.
- To take what God grows through this ministry to the community beyond Kingborough.
How It Works – Food Program
LifeCare, through the services of Foodbank & Second Bite, and the many partners and friends of Kingborough Life Church, are able to make available to the wider Kingborough area food and household essentials for any in need.
Parcels are available for collection on Monday evenings from the rear of the church, with doors open from 5:30pm to 7pm.
Any in need can come along, they’ll be welcomed and can either take a pre-made frozen meal, food parcel or select items they need to help them through to their next pay period. All will be invited to stay, have a bite to eat, a chat and be blessed. This service is available to any in our community who feel they are in need. We won’t be screening for pension cards etc. Hard times can fall on all of us and this is a ministry that doesn’t seek to judge or categorize but be a blessing by meeting a need. Through the contact and relationship we build with those coming along we will seek to identify if there are any other ways as a church and ministry we are able to help.